Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Room

I went home today to shower and change clothes. While I changed clothes I noticed bedbug skins in my chest of drawers (where all my clothes are). That's not a good sign. I checked my new clothes over really carefully this time. See the dots inside the green ring? One of them is a bit of fluff, but closest to the edges are 2 bedbug skins.
















I have had another bite appear on my chest. I took a photo.




















But I'm more concerned about my wrist. What I've realised is I've had this collection of bites on my wrist since I moved in, but I thought it was from my watch rubbing in that area. I noticed today that the spots are getting smaller for the first time in - ever - and after looking through my old photos I discovered that the photos pre-moving in my wrist is clear, but just a few weeks after moving in I had the worst marks on it. That should tell you something! I have evidence that the bedbugs were there before I moved in! That's really important to me.
















I got some clear tape and pressed it to my bed, catching a whole bunch of bedbugs in the process and sticking them in a clear plastic envelope. I watched them struggle for a few minutes before they stopped moving, I take it they've suffocated. Die!!!
















My room has the weirdest smell to it. I'd read that they give this sickly sweet smell off but that it's really rare except in massive infestations. Well - I've got one! Here, you can see how I've torn apart my room. I still haven't found appropriate bags to put things into though :(






























I collected my rent receipts but I couldn't find them all. I'll have to go to my parent's house and see if I can find some. I've also been thinking I should:
- Go to the Doctor and get a certificate to say my bites are from these bugs, now that I have the bugs to show him.
- I should also get a blood test, just to be sure. There are no known cases of bedbugs transferring blood viruses, but the infestation is so big, I don't want to be the first.
- Make sure the pest controller gives me a copy of his report.

I also told my housemate I will be taking the owner to court. He wasn't happy, but I explained I'm a sub-tenant and I have the right to do so and it doesn't involve him, and he agreed both that I was a sub-tenant and if I wanted to take them to court I should.

He had also never given me a receipt for my last rent payment over a week ago. I asked him again for it and he said tomorrow. I also asked for the details of the real estate agent, as I will have to contact them to get the owner's details so I can take them to court.

I've phoned and contacted a few real estate agents today and yesterday to arrange viewings of places I could move to. I guess I should list them to prove to the court I'm desperate to move:
- Domain 5757996.
- RealEstate 403314778
- RealEstate 403214787.
- RealEstate 402400981.
- Domain 5756380.

No comments: