Sunday, June 15, 2008

DISMAY!

I woke up this morning and discovered it was raining, probably all night, and I hadn't noticed because I can't see from my desk at work. I went home and as you can see all my stuff on the balcony is wet with pools of water. Luckily I don't think any water got inside my things. One painting had its bag blown open (it was too big to tie up) but didn't appear wet inside. I moved it inside just to be safe.














Of course, the moment I looked up (only people with bed bugs bother looking up in their rooms) I found two bed bugs crawling across the walls and ceiling :(




























I also had my computer sitting on the floor, I looked underneath it and found another bug. It appears the pest controller didn't move my computer or large speaker as I had asked him to, and hadn't sprayed under them. I think they just spray the corners of the room or something. Seeing as there were so many live bugs on the ceiling, I checked inside the lamp shade but just found dead mosquitoes.














I was able to take some close-ups of the bed frames here where you can see the bug colonies. I counted approximately 14 nesting sides on one, and 20 nesting sides on the other (which is odd because I don't know why they preferred the one I don't sleep on much).




























You can see mostly their shells, some dead bugs, feces stains, blood stains, and eggs.




























I captured the three bugs I found as prisoners of war, sealed the glass in double-sided tape and then wrapped over the top with glad-wrap just to be sure.














They are acting really oddly. They run around a lot and can't climb the sides of the glass. When they try, they fall off and sometimes land on their backs, then go crazy trying to get back up but can't, and then they play dead until you jiggle the glass. I've also seen one of the bigger ones and one of the smaller ones seem to gang up on the one which moves the least.



















I think one is dying, most likely the one I got from under the computer, whereas the other two seem healthy. We'll see how they are tomorrow. If they aren't dead tomorrow morning I'm going to call the radio station so they can air my complaint about the poor spraying online.

I've done a post on a bed bugger forum to ask for some advice on what people think about still finding live bed bugs in a place that was sprayed a day ago.

I also bought a lot more plastic seal bags today to put the dry cleaning in I have to pick up tomorrow. I also bought this permethrin dust and bed bug surface spray, to test out on these guys if they don't die, and maybe protect my things with. I also bought a mini-heater to heat up the boxes with my books so any bed bugs or eggs inside can die.

No comments: