Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Still no word

I went "home" to vacuum up all the dead bugs, feces, and eggs, and threw away the bag. The whole thing took 2 hours because I took home dry cleaning as well and then had to go into the city to find and buy vacuum bags and more garbage bags. Then I had to bring in the mattresses from the balcony and put them on the bed. One of them was slightly damp down the edge that touches the ground - I guess the bag must have had a hole in it. But otherwise they seemed ok.

Anyway on the way to buy those things I passed the apartment I wanted and, lo and behold, there is a little advertisement stuck on the side of the building saying that exact apartment was up for sale!

What the hell!

I called the real estate agent at 3:30pm and said hey guys what's going on with my application? She said another real estate agent is trying to sell the place and the buyer is getting back to them this afternoon. If they don't get it, then they get to rent it out, and she'll process everything and get back to me before 11am tomorrow.

I said "Ummm, yeah, you know I AM moving tomorrow..." and she goes quiet. I said "If you can let me know before 11am that would be great, I'll just have to live with it." There was nothing negative about it, just saying.

You know, on Monday she said she could process everything in one day, two days if more people apply for it. *cough* I faxed it through Monday night and now it's Wednesday and she still hasn't done anything with it at all. What the hell?

So, back to waiting.

No comments: