Saturday, June 14, 2008

PCO

I spent all day from 9am to 3pm doing my bedroom. I had SO MUCH STUFF to clean and put into plastic boxes. I threw away about 4 BIG garbage bags of stuff as well - things I couldn't be bothered cleaning like some shoes I rarely wear, and some cabling, etc. I didn't even have time to clean EVERYTHING. I did lots of boxes but in the end I had to shove lots of clothes into a big garbage bag and plan to do it another day.

This is the balcony.



















I also found these eggs down the back side of my monitor but they look more like moth eggs or something because they don't look like bed bug eggs.



















I had to throw out these CD cases because as you can see, there are lots of skins on them and there are even live bed bugs inside.














See the reddish dots? They're moving.














After I finished, the bed bugs started coming out of the beds, walking around, and hiding elsewhere on the bed. I watched this one here try to wriggle into a dozen places before it found one it liked.














When I was done, you can see nothing was left in my room.



















And the bases where most of the bugs are.














Then the PCO came. One guy, with a pump spray. That's it. I ask the questions:

Me: Do you pull back the cover underneath the beds?
Him: No we usually just spray around.

After some gentle prodding we pulled the tarp from under the beds off. We didn't find any begs in my housemate's bed. We found a lot in ours but they really were centered around the tarp and I didn't see any inside it. Next question:

Me: Do you steam the mattresses?
Him: No you'll need to have that done yourself if you want it. Leaving it on the balcony should kill them after a day or two, if it's hot enough.
Me: Has the landlord booked you to come back in two weeks?
Him: No, not yet.
Me: Wouldn't that be needed to get any eggs?
Him: Yes it's usually needed.
Me: What chemical are you using?

He couldn't remember. He thought maybe direthryn, but that it's definitely a pyrethroid. I couldn't find that anywhere on the net. He said it would kill on contact and act like a surface spray for the next few days.

I asked him to also spray my dresser and book shelf as I'd seen bugs there. I hope he sprays the luggage while he's at it, I forgot to ask him.

I asked if he could estimate how long the bed bugs had been there and he wasn't sure. My housemate said "See it's not as bad as you thought!". There were a few dozen full size adults and dozens of children. F*** you they're not as bad as I thought. 1 is bad enough.

Now I've left the house for a few hours so he can do his thing. I'm unimpressed though. No steaming. No sprinkling of DE. Just a simple spraying, and no follow up planned :( What the hell am I going to do. They'll be back.

No comments: