Tuesday, June 10, 2008

From Bad To Worse

I had to tell my housemate I am stuck there again for another month, because nothing else has come available.

I went home a few days ago and he was drying his clothes in the kitchen had his stuff in cardboard boxes in the hallway. The bugs crawl all over the house and will still be in his clothes. The bugs hide inside cardboard boxes. You MUST move things from the dryer to ziploc bags immediately, you MUST replace cardboard boxes with clean plastic boxes and seal them properly so air can't escape.

But he hasn't.

I asked him if he'd been given a list of things to do by the PCO but he hasn't. They just told him what to do on the phone. One of those things was to put our mattresses in black plastic and put them on the balcony. For one, it's the middle of winter. For two, that's against the bed bud pest controller guidelines (from an organisation of which the PCO is probably not a member). For three, it doesn't work.

They are meant to steam clean the mattresses only.

Tonight I'll demand the pest controller's details or real estate agent's phone number (so I can contact the pest controller) and make sure they do it right. If they don't ... God help them ... I'll put posters on every door on my floor telling them the landlord has cut corners with a PCO and risks infecting the rest of the building, along with their contact details.

I'm so stressed it's unbelievable. I'm stuck living where I am, my housemate isn't taking the right precautions, the PCO is two weeks late, and now it turns out they won't do the job properly.

What the hell am I supposed to do? Sleep in my office for ANOTHER MONTH until I can move and sue the hell out of the owner for extreme and willful negligence, along with breaking all the rental agreement contract conditions?

I just don't want to be bitten at night by blood sucking bugs. I'm not asking for a bloody miracle.

No comments: