Friday, June 13, 2008

Photos

Here is yesterday in pictures.

I had to throw away my two favorite bean bags. The zippers on them do not close all the way so bugs can walk right in, and I had them on my bed all the time so I could sit in them and use my computer.















I had 8 of these thick blankets in my cupboard, and about 4 bed covers. I think they're not all even for my room, I think my housemate just dumped all his things in there when he moved in! I took them all to the dry cleaner and they said they could wash them in "woolly wash" even though it says "do not dry clean" on it. They are too big for me to wash myself.















I found a shed bedbug skin on the mattress protectors that came with my room, so I took them to the dry cleaner too.















Then I took down the two huge curtains on my windows. I had to remove all the hooks before taking them to the dry cleaners. They have really complicated dry cleaning instructions on the side. The dry cleaner lady said that her boss would do them specially - because he really loves to do them properly.

I think that's good, because I think he loves his job and takes pride in his work, and this gives him a chance to do his best because they are so big and complicated to do.















I also had them wash the black jacket I've been sleeping in and got it back the same day. It doesn't smell anymore, thank heavens!
As you can see by these black bags, I had to carry a lot to the dry cleaner! It took forever.














This is my housemate's stuff he just dumped in the hallway. Note the cardboard boxes which can harbor bugs, and how nothing is protected in plastic, and the bugs can crawl in and out of the blankets easily.














This is the clean area I set up on the kitchen table while I was packing things into plastic boxes. I kept running out of boxes and having to walk back and buy more.















This is one of my favorite books. It had a book jacket and I used it as a mousepad on my bed all the time. It's what caused me to first notice bugs were hiding in the edges. Today I cleaned every book, and when I took the jacket off of this one, a whole bunch of tiny bed bugs were hiding in the groove here. You can see their crap marks! The white mark is from me rubbing the book to scrape off bugs I'd squished. Too bad I didn't get one first with the bugs on it, instead my immediate reaction was to squish them.















While cleaning my books I found a squished cockroach on one! It was so disgusting! I have no idea how it got there! It was sandwiched between two books.














A lot of work later, here is my book shelf.




















I had to cut up and throw away all of my cardboard boxes. As you can see below, that's a good choice, because they have bed bugs in them! See this one hiding in the corner! You could barely notice it! It's the top black dot. The other one is just dust.




















Of course, I then squished it.














This is my stuff I put on the balcony outside my room. Everything is in plastic boxes and sealed with tape, or inside black plastic bags, or some paintings even fit into ziploc bags.














And this was my room again, see the art section is getting smaller and smaller.








d










Today I have plenty more to do.

No comments: